Excavator 180° Below 5 tonnes
Who is this course for?
Any one who uses, or will be using a 180° excavator below 5 tonnes in the landbased industries or construction industry.
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers' instructions in accordance with the operator's handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the excavator for site and road travel.
Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the machine to excavate.
- Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
- Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles/hoppers.
- Remove and re-attach buckets.
- Place the excavator in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
- LAA1001/02 – nine days
- LAA1003/04 – five days
- LAA1005/06 – three days
- LAA1007/08 – two days
- LAA1009/10 for experienced operators – one day
- Working in the construction industry
- Components of 180° degree excavators
- Models of operation
- Stability of the machine
- Accident prevention
- Pre-shift checks
- Familiarisation with instruments and controls
- Starting and stopping the machine
- Operating factors
- Operating to produce trench 1m deep by 10m long by one bucket width
- Driving on the highway and transportation
- Operating to produce trench 2m deep by 5m long with battered sides.
- Operating to form a simply ditch
- Operating to produce a straight trench 1m deep by 10m long using sand, lime or marker spray line.
- Operating to fill a vehicle using the backactor to produce a square hole and fill vehicle
- Operating the machine: driving; use of front shovel; use of multi-purpose bucket (if applicable); use of the backactor; changing attachments/buckets
- Operating to produce trench 1m deep by 10m long with restrictions
- Site safety
- Operating to produce a trench with a square manhole
- Advanced operation to form a ditch Possible problems
- Advanced operation to clean a ditch